Friday, August 9, 2013

Just finishing reading a book by Mark Batterson entitled, In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day.  So, starting this blog and making it public is a Huge lion for me.  I love writing but making my thoughts public is really scary for me.  So here I go on my first lion chasing.  
Living so close to the beach is a great blessing but too often I take it for granite.  I love to sit on the beach and watch the waves.  The ocean can be peacefully calm one day and roaring the next.  We under-estimate the power of water until a storm comes.  Yet God has complete control over every drop and at his command millions of drops of water will stop where He commands. 

"Who enclosed the sea with doors when, bursting forth, it went out from the womb; when I made a cloud its garment and thick darkness its swaddling band, and I placed boundaries on  it and set a bolt and doors and I said, 'Thus far you shall come, but no farther; and here shall your proud waves stop?" Job 38:8-11.  

     It is amazing and yet I doubt God so many times that He has my best interest at heart.  As Christians we often feel that we are owed an easier life because we have decided to believe.  But in reality it is often the opposite, God calls us to follow Him into the unknown (for us but not Him).  That is hard because we want control and we want to know details and timelines.  We want to be prepared in every way possible.  But, what God is wanting is for us to walk with Him letting Him lead the way so He can get us to the place where He will get the most glory.  If we can get there on our own knowlege, talents, looks, and abilities then we are not seeking God's best.  He wants to get us to a place where we completely depend on Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment