Thursday, August 15, 2013

Lord?  Are you there?

Where are you today Lord?  I look around at your creation, I see the sky with its height so great only You know it, I see the ocean with its vast depths that only You know its true measurements, I hear the bird’s song so unique that only You can understand and recognize it, I see You at work in creation but Lord where are you in my life?  At my address, in my home are you here?  Do you see my worries, my concerns, my struggles, my frustrations, my questions?  Why have you chosen to keep me here?  What is my purpose at this moment and what part does my life have to do with Your creation?  If I did not exist would it make a difference in Your ending?  Are You pleased when You look down at our home address and see the acts that we are engaged in or do You turn away in disappointment?  Lord, where are you today?   Why can’t I hear Your voice leading me or feel Your hand guide me?  I am sure to get lost or lose my way if You do not guide me.  I cannot afford to make any more mistakes, do You not see that?  I have messed up too many times and I am fearful that the grace You have so graciously extended to me is quickly running out.   Can You not just come sit with me for a while Lord?  I need to know from You what You want me to do?  My purpose is so cloudy and need to see clearly what part I play in Your masterpiece.  I do not want to fail You.  I do not want You to regret creating me.  I do not want  to disobey You.  I do not want to miss You at work. 

Lord, where are You wanting my family to go?  Are we even on the right path?  If not, what is our fate?  Have You given up on us?  Are we out of second chances?  If not, will You show us clearly the way which we are to go?  Will You make known to us Your word that says,  “I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.”   Gracious God, my family cannot move another step without  Your direction.  God, we are waiting on You, we are looking for You, we are listening for Your voice, we are ready, we are standing with out-stretched arms.  Take our hand and lead us.

No comments:

Post a Comment