Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lessons Learned Through Fostering



Lessons Learned Through Fostering


 November 5, 2011:  Today Brittney was so focused on finding something she had misplaced.  She came to me asking  about something, I could not understand the word she used for it so I asked my daughter to help me translate.  Britney asked Hannah “Where's my bi-gle?” I looked to Hannah for clarification.  “She’s looking for her Bible.”   Britney’s face lit up.  So we all began the search for her Bible.  She found it under her bed and raced to show it to me.  “My bi-gle, my bi-gle.  Read me what Jesus said.”  That was her request.  As I tucked her in bed tonight I thought do I seek after God with that kind of persistence and excitement?  Do I long to hear what Jesus has to say and want to know it more than anything else? 

December 8, 2011:  Tonight our table was full, Jackson(15), Hannah (12), Trenton (1), Brittney (2), Davin (11 months), Patrick and myself.  What a sight.  Laughter and chatter filled the room as everyone ate.  I stood back and watched as I realized my quiver was full.  I wonder if this is how God feels when we come to Him, to feast at His table.  How He must celebrate when He looks around and sees His children filled with joy and strength.  What a sight it will be one day when we can make His table full!

September 20, 2012:  Today Savannah is pulling up on anything she could grab to get herself to a standing position.  She is wanting to walk so bad.  She is so independent.  She noticed me and cried out to get my attention.  As I walked over to where she was she reached for my hand, grabbed on and keeping her eyes fixed on my faced stepped on and over  a mound of toys never looking down and never letting go of my hand made her way to my arms.  I held her close and she rested in my embrace.  As I rocked her sleep later today I could not get this image of her trust out of my head.  I started thinking about parallel this trust she had in me is what kind I trust I need to have in my Heavenly Father.  As I cry out to Him and He reaches out to me do I keep my eyes fixed on Him as I step on and over obstacles in my life to get to Him or do I look down to see all the difficulties, disappointments, hurts, and challenges that I have to overcome? 


No comments:

Post a Comment